QQI Level 5 Laboratory Techniques 5M3807
This course is aimed at those interested in working as an Ophthlmic Assistant or progressing to a science based programme at third level.
- Laboratory Skills
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Word Processing
- Work Experience
Programme modules may be subject to change
QQI Level 5 Laboratory Techniques
Progression / Employment
Graduates may be eligible to apply for places in Third Level Colleges through the Higher Education Links Scheme.
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent. Applicants will be interviewed.
- Applicants with an interest in science who may not have completed any formal education but who have the ability to successfully participate on the programme (this is established at interview) OR
- Applicants who are seeking a new career direction or are unemployed and wish to re-train
- Applicants will be asked for one written reference, copy EU Passport or GNIB card or Irish Residence Permit
- For applicants whose first language is not English, evidence of English language proficiency may be required. If appropriate, Whitehall College of Further Education will conduct an English language assessment.